Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kids and their Antics

My kids, they keep me going and are the reason I get out of bed everyday. Today, a friend went with me and Bren to get Faith. She gets into the car and she looks as me and says, "haha, your getting old. I will be 6 and you will be 60!!" I tried so hard to act offended, but all I could do was laugh. I know what she meant, but man, do I really look more like 60 than 30? Then this evening we were starting a fire in the fire pit and she was helping me, she was my paper crumbeler so I could shove it between the wood. She stood there while I lit the fire(I used a little lighter fluid) and when it shot up, she stood there again and said, "hahaha, mama, you are getting good at fires now that you are old." Geeze!!! Do I look old?! I did not laugh at first, but then she said, "mama, until J. taught you, you could not make a fire, now you are older and you know how!" Hmmm.....does a month really age an adult that much?!?! Maybe through a child's eyes, but I don't see any more wrinkles than I did yesterday. Just a few more grey hairs!(I am serious too). I have a good little amount of those. Thanks Dad!! He was gray in his 30's, or at least that is all I can remember. Needless to say, my kids keep me going. My kids are the reason I get up everyday and make it through. Even if they think I am old, I am going to keep getting up and going, for them. I love those girls and all that they give me, daily.

No comments: