Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm back!!

Well after a few weeks of not being able to pull up my blog, I finally figured out what the issue was and here I am! I hope I have not lost any of you forever!! I had tried everything and then all the sudden, an idea popped in my head and I fixed the whole problem! Yeah me, it only took me 2 weeks or more to do it!! In the last few weeks a lot of things have happened. The girls and I got to me president Bush, (I may have blogged this already), that was an incredible time for all three of us and we just got the photo's they are amazing and it is great to have these memories. Faith was asked if she wanted to start racing with her speed team!! Yeah!! I was pretty excited about that and so was she! She is flying around the rink and doing really well. Me on the other hand, I have a lot left to learn. Bren has started skating a lot too and she is going to be a good skater, she is fast. I think it is the shorter legs and the big ol' muscles she has in those legs from all the dancing she does. The girls and I just went to DC this last weekend to lay roses at Arlington with a group of people. It was pretty incredible and pretty darn cold. I could hardley beleive how cold it was. We had a great time, Bren played with other kids and realized that she is not the only one who lost her papa(or daddy). Faith took a ton of pictures and totally grasped the concept of why we were there. The patriot guard from DC/VA/MD were there and helped, it was pretty awesome to meet some of these people and thank them for all they do for our soldiers and their families. For instance, I know that they go to funerals and memorial services for the fallen, but also if they know someone or a group will be protesting outside of a funeral or memorial service, they are there to block these idiots from the family and friends. This happened at a memorial service for my husband, it made me feel so good to know this. It was just great to meet them and say thank you. On the way home we all saw some soldiers, I said thank you to them, but that is all I could say. I wanted to say more, but then again.....they were heading back to Iraq, or just coming home and I sure did not want to put a damper on their leave time. Oh well. Well, I am going to try harder to post and get things on as often as possible. I am staying busy trying to finish up the house and get things done so I don't have to work anymore on this thing.

5 comments:

MQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MQ said...

Let's try this again:
Hey you were in my neck of the woods! Arlington is difficult to visit, now that we know people buried there, but it is an amazing place - the history, the reverence...

Glo said...

Mary,
Sooooooooo glad to see your back. I thought I'd lost you forever. Now I'm having trouble with mine. You sound like your doing well.
Love and God bless,
Glo

mary said...

I am glad to be back! I missed it!! MQ, you are right, it is tough, but it is so worth it, every single time. It is the most peaceful, calming place on earth. You are in the middle of DC and you can't hear a bit of noise, Joel loved that about Arlington.

Heidi said...

Glad you are back . . . I was getting worried about you!