Sunday, March 11, 2007

On the move, once again

Well, as the title reads, the girls and I are on the move again. This time it will be the last move for a long, long time. I am ready to be done moving. We have decided to leave Columbus, for good. I love GA. I do. It is just with the unit leaving this week for Iraq, once again, I have realized that it is time for me to be on my way. Columbus has given us all we need and will get. We have gained so much from this part of our life, but it is time to move on. A very, very good friend of mine left on Friday for Iraq. I saw him and his family last Friday for our good bye's. I hugged him and said, "stay safe, be careful over there." He said, "I will". The same thing Joel said the last day I saw him, I hugged him harder and cried even more. It was so hard to say good by to him. I know he will be ok, I know he knows the situation over there, he was there when Joel died and saw men die. I just cannot get past it. not today anyways. Even with that said, before all of this happened, I had already made the decision to get on the move. The girls and I will be moving to Houston, TX. Or rather, on the way outskirts of Houston in a town called Lake Conroe. Or I think that is the area that we are going to move through. This seems to be the best area for us right now. I have been seing someone, for a while, and I know this is the man that I want to be with, that the girls love, and that Joel would want us to be with. Joel knew him in a work relationship and I think he knew the type of man he is. So, we will be on the move, down to meet up with him. He left last week for a job down there and the girls and I will take three months to get ready, while he gets settled and finds a home. I have known this man for a while, and the fact that he knew Joel, that he is not afraid to talk to the girls abouth their papa makes it that much easier. Also, the fact that Joel's mother understands and is supportive makes it a little easier too. That is important to me, and probably will be for a while. I just wanted to share this. I have more to share, but I am to tired to keep writing now. I am seeing double and am hoping that all the words are spelled write!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Good for you! Lake Conroe is a beautiful area! Keep blogging . . . I love reading about you and the girls!
Heidi

Glo said...

Like I said this may be just what you and the girls need.

New man in your life sounds like a good move too. He sounds like a great guy.

We will keep you friend in Iraq in our prayers. May he be safe.

Love and God bless,
Glo

Nicole said...

Good luck with everything! I hope you keep writing...it's been fun keeping up with you through your blog.

MQ said...

Wow Mary, so much has happened! I wish you the very best as you make these big moves. You are, as always, in my family's prayers.

And do keep blogging :)