Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Long time no bloggy, blog

Hello All! Sorry it has been so long since I last blogged, but with boxes, listing this house, packing and finishing the house, I have had no time. Then to top it all off, I had scheduled a visit home to my and Joel's family, one week before we are scheduled to move. What a knuckle head move that was!!! I could hear Joel saying that to me the whole time I was home visiting! Oh well, it was a good visit, definatley needed by all and a lot of fun. It was 70 plus degrees when we left GA on the Thursday before Easter and 13 above zero(with wind chill) when we arrived in Sioux FAlls, SD. What a shock to the system that was!!! It snowed on the Wednesday after Easter, so the girls got to play in snow and build a snow-woman and a fort. They had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa, playing and digging in the snow. I think the grandparents were wore out before the culture shocked kids! Then the kicker to this whole story is, as we were leaving SD, it got nice, very nice, normal April weather. I was looking forward to getting back to GA and enjoying a little bit of sunshine, but no such luck!!! It was 42 degrees, overcast and gloomy with winds blowing at 25 miles an hour!! GEEEZE, didn't I just leave this stuff?! That was the kicker. The cold weather would not leave me alone, and all I wanted was some sunshine and warmth! WEll, I must get to my errands. I have a few things to do that I have waited and waited on, but I can no longer delay my trip on post. I hate going on post anymore. I have to do this, just for a few hours, then it will all be done for today.

6 comments:

MQ said...

So glad to see you back Mary.

Glo said...

Glad to see your back. Sounds like the kids had a fun time over Easter. As far as Kuckle headed thing, we've all done them. I just got back on myself.Had my knee replacement and I'm doing great.Hope everything go well with your move. Most of all I hope you don't stop blogging. Miss you when your not on.
Love and God bless,
Glo

MQ said...

I just moved into our new TH, and I'm overwhelmed. I hope you have a smooth transition :)

Glo said...

Mary,
"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"

Love and God bless,
Glo

Unknown said...

Dear Mary,

We have been working on a class project at City College of San Francisco which has resulted in a performance ready piece. We seek your permission to use some of the material you wrote as an important part of the presentation. The piece is called "Aftermath of War: in their own words" and is shaping up to be a wonderful collection of stories by US soldiers who were in Iraq and their family members. The piece purposely does not take a stand for or against the war, focusing instead on the experiences, emotions and dreams of the people in uniform and their loved ones. Specifically we are interested in your entry from entitled "Sleeping Babes" and your entry entitled "Sunday", both from February 2006.

We invited friends to view the piece for a presentation and the reaction was very powerful. In the discussion that followed, people both for and against the war, spoke of how moved they were by these words. They felt we need to do it again. We seek your permission to use some of the text you have created in the script of our theatre presentation. Would you please let us know whether or not we may include your writing in our piece by contacting our instructor, John Wilk at City College of San Francisco? His e-mail address is: jwilk@ccsf.edu

We would be most grateful.

Sincerely,

Maria Leigh

Glo said...

Mary,
Hope all is well with you and the girls. Think of you often. Your always in my prayers.

Love and God bless,
Glo