Monday, September 25, 2006

Been A While

Well, it has been a while since I have blogged. Between skating with the girls, dance, gymnastics and the house, I have been so overwhelmed! Well, just plain busy is a better term. We are all doing well. Faith has all of the sudden come into a new little person. She is so happy right now. She is finding humor in almost everything and she has this infectious laugh that makes me grin from ear to ear. The fact that she is finding humor, love, and laughter in her daily life is so important to me. She just has so much life in her. It truly brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart knowing that I am raising a happy, healthy little girl who is going to be ok through all of this stuff. Brenn on the other hand is finding her comical side. She has all the sudden become quite the comedian who loves to make people laugh, loves to dance and entertain. I am convinced this little one is going to be in theater or something. She just cracks me up all day. I kept her home from school a lot last week, and she was constantly keeping me going. Dancing around, helping me do the laundry, cleaning up while she danced. It was so much fun and we both had a great time, until the sleep monster would creep in and she would get grumpy, but.......I will take what I can get! I am realizing that things are shaping up ok and that we are all going to be ok. The girls in the last few days have really showed me that they are pulling through and I will be darn, it did take almost a year. Holy cow. You always here, "the first year is the hardest" and I know that from experience, but to see your child pull through and all of the sudden come out of this darkness into this happy love filled child is amazing. I am so proud of those two little girls. I cannot beleive how strong and amazing they are. In a little less than 7 weeks it will be the one year mark.....I am not sure what to do for this day....a day that will be overwhelming, filled with flashbacks of a year ago and conversations and moments in life I wish I could change. I want to do something special for the girls and I, I wanted to go up to DC, but Faith told me she is not ready to go see papa again, so I do not want to push her. I know we will go again soon, but on her time, not mine. So I was thinking about going to the beach for a few days and just hanging out and remembering the times with Joel that we all spent there. I think it would be good, but maybe to hard for this time. Any suggestions? One friend told me to take the girls to Orlando, down to Disney.....any more suggestions from you all?

4 comments:

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

I am glad to hear all is well!!

Check out http://www.herosalute.com/cavatx/ for free admission to some places. Or a park in my hometown http://wildadventures.net/welcome.asp thats in Valdosta about 3 hrs south of u.

Glo said...

So glad to hear things are going well for you and the girls. Your always in our prayers. As for the one yr. Anniversary. How about just special time for the three of you. Like a picnic or an outing in a park where you could release ballons with special messages to Joel. Just a thought.

Nicole said...

I think you should do whatever makes you and your girls happy. :) Of course, Disneyworld has been known to make everyone happy. :) :)

mary said...

Thanks everyone for you great suggestions. I am still in debate...another blog about it to come.
Love to all, Mary