Monday, September 04, 2006

Brenna

Tonight my little girls went to bed, no unusual fussing, just the normal stuff.....so I am sitting on the couch, thinking about Steve Irwin's death(the croccodile hunter) and watching a special on Micheal J. Fox. Could I have gotten any more saddness in tv selections?! Bren comes out of her room and says, "mama, will you lay with me?" I said, no, you need to start falling asleep on your own. So she kind of throws a tantrum, starts to walk back to her room, turns around and says, "mama, will you let me snuggle with you?" How can you turn down a question like that, with those sweet little eyes just begging you to say yes? So I cave, let her sit on the couch with me and snuggle and the next thing I know, she is rubbing my arm and asking me, "mama does it make you feel good too?" I always rub their arm or back when I am holding them or laying with them. I guess it is something I got from my mother. I guess it makes Bren feel good and it sure made me feel good too. So the next thing I know, the rubbing stops and she is passed out in my lap, as comfy as can be, as happy as possible. I have not felt that joy of your child falling asleep in your lap for quite a while. I missed it and it made me feel so good, loved and happy. These girls certainly keep me going.

5 comments:

Glo said...

That was so sweet.I think you both needed it. All the little thing that don't mean anything to any one ,but you. That's what will get you through this.
Love and God bless,
Glo

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

I hope u are doing well..just been thinking about ya.

CJ said...

So sweet. There is nothing in the world like a little one in your arms. I'm so glad you have them. ((hugs))

MQ said...

I miss my boys falling asleep in my lap. I let Gabe (8 y.o.) stay up late many times when my husband was deployed, to keep me company.

A child's simple love is such a gift. I'm glad you have your girls.

Glo said...

Hope this fines you doing well. Just missing you. Parying everything Ok.