Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hot or Cold

Have you ever looked at the sink handle, the ones that have either a red and blue strip running across the back of the handle, telling you the direction to turn your handle in, or the ones with the blue dots and the red dots(telling you the temperature). I am sure you have!! I have a couple of those in my "new" old house and I grew up knowing that red was hot and blue was cold. It was just normal. Have you ever looked at these handles, lately, as an adult, and thought.....now which one makes the water hot? If you have not, I feel really dumb right now! In the last few weeks, I have done it so often that I am starting to feel like I am showing early on set alzheimers. I know a lot of it is widows moments and just being plane busy with substituting and the girls, but some times, I am not so sure. I just realized today, as I was trying to stay sane and not have to many "Joel" moments(I was substituting in Kindergarten, can't go to emotional on them, they will go crazy!!!) that I was having a lot of "moments" of forgetting what was hot or cold on the faucet. I decided to just blame it on widow moments and not anything else. For goodness sake, I grew up with those "color identifiers", I should know this!! Haha. I hope some of you got a little laugh, and if you experience this too........maybe we can relate!

4 comments:

MQ said...

I do that too! And I don't even have much of a reason, I'm just airheaded sometimes :)

Nicole said...

Yeah...I'm well-known for my clutziness around the house! I'm forever cleaning up my own messes! Don't feel bad. :)

Glo said...

We can all relate to the things your going through. I do know how you feel about the early stage of Alzeimers. I get that feeling about everyday. I worked in an Alzeimers unit for a lot of years. There we just called what you have is Sometimers.Have a great day and a better tomorrow.God bless.

CJ said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has silly moments! Take care of you, Mary. Hugs and prayers.