Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The visit

Have you ever done something or gone somewhere and all the sudden, everything just clicks? It all seems to fit and everything seems to be ok? For me, my visit to Arlington last weekend was just that. Something clicked and I realized that it is ok for me to move on, it is ok for me to look forward and see another future and life. Another life, without Joel here in bodily form, but still very much a presence in spirit. As the girls and I were laying roses on Saturday and visiting with other widows, it just clicked, Joel would want me and the girls to be happy, he would want us to have a full and love filled life. He would want me to do what is going to make me and the girls happy. He would not want me staying around the Army post becuase that is what we last had or he surely would not want me moving to DC to be close to his grave. He would hate that, he always hated DC/VA area for living and did not want the girls growing up there. He would however want me to be somewhere that we are happy, somewhere that we can grow and live a full life. I am ready to make a decision now, I am ready to move forward and get going on this life. Joel will forever be a part of our lives and a constant reminder of what we once had, he will still keep us going. He will forever be MY HUSBAND and never forgotten, by me or our girls. I know he would support me in this decision and endeavor. We will get there, and we will suceed.

7 comments:

Glo said...

Oh Mary, your going to be fine,just fine. It's so good to read how up beat you sound.Yes my dear you will suceed....Joel would be so very proud of you. He knows he'll always be your first love and be in you heart forever.
Love and God bless,
Glo

MQ said...

Mary, I can feel your emotions through your posts! I'm glad that you have days like that, when you feel positive about a future. You know what Joel would want :)

Glo said...

Hey Mary,
Just saying Hi. You haven't been on for a few days. Just thought I stop by and say Hi. Miss you. take care.
Love and God bless,
Glo

Glo said...

Mary,
I know your busy with the girls and everything,but I need to know if your ok. My B-day will be Sunday and all I want is to know that you and the girls are Ok. I'm old and getting older by the minute....... I miss you. Hope all is well.
I'm also getting ready to have surgery. (Knee replacement)
I know you think I'm an old fool,but yours is the first blog I look at in the morning and the last one I ck at night. I'm silly ,but your blog is alot of what what kept me going while Mike was gone. You have become a part of my family. Hope your not mad.
Love and God bless,
Glo

MQ said...

Mary, me too. Where are you?

Sarah said...

I'm glad too that you have turned a corner. I will be thinking of you.

Glo said...

Mary, Are you Ok after the tornadoes?????? Did they do any damage to your place? Praying for you and the girls.