Saturday, July 08, 2006

more moments

The girls and I have had a decent day today, touched in a way too. We were driving down the road, the girls were fighting and being REALLY loud. I was thinking in my mind, if Joel were here, he would be helping me with this right now. I started to get choked up and teary and in the back of my head I could here, "what do you see in the clouds". So I looked at the clouds as I was driving and I thought I saw an elephant, or a heffalump as the girls call it. I started to laugh and cry at the same time. Last year when Joel was home, we were driving home from a little day trip and we were all quiet and all of the sudden out of the blue Faith says, "papa, mama, I see a heffalump in the sky!" So Joel and I both looked in the sky after looking at eachother and smiling and trying not to laugh and sure enough, it looked like a heffalump. It was so funny and we spent the next 20 minutes looking for objects in the sky. It was a wonderful memory. At that moment, I knew that he was still with me, the clouds may have just been a coincidence, but it brought me a lot of comfort and as soon as I got the girls focused on the clouds, it was quiet, peaceful and stress-free(well for a moment that is). It is going to be a good day I think, full of memories and laughs, even if some are sad or painful. It will be good.

No comments: