Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Trip Part I

It has been a while since I have gotten on to blog, so I thought I would start with a brief synopsis of my trip. I was right, I should have forced myself to go to bed the night before the trip. I overslept by 10 minutes and by the time we all got to the airport it was 45 minutes before our flight left. Well, Northwest has changed their policy and if you are 45 minutes or less before your flight, you will not get on your scheduled flight. I wish I had known that!!! I would have had my friend drive faster! Well, it started out with us all getting to the counter up at the gate, getting on standby for the next flight....maggie having a stomach ache and making a mess in her crate....a stinky mess at that........not getting on the flight because it was full too...it is now after 8am and we were there at 535am(my flight left at 620). I am upset and shaking, just now taking note that this is the same gate that I sat in to fly out to DC for Joel's funeral, it is the same airport.....I just wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as I could. I am crying at the counter to get my tickets for the next flight, or put on standby that is. So.....the lady at the counter tells me that I need to stop crying and that it won't get me anywhere. I said, I am sorry but I am upset. Blah...blah...blah.....then I said, I need to get out of this aiport...she tells me this is not my fault or my responsibilty, you should have been here on time...I know that....I overslept and I have two kids and a dog.....I said, you need to just listen to me.....she said, it won't change anything....I said, just hear me out,....I am frustrated....so I tell her about the airport and flying out of here for Joel's funeral and I just need to get the hell out of here, that I hate this airport.....she says...."I here excuses all day long, this won't change anything." AUGH!!!!! I wanted to slap her or choke her, I was so angy. Well, my mom is waiting for me to go to the store with her and the girls.....guess you still have to follow mom's rules when you are in her home....I will put more details on later. Stay tuned for the crazy begining to our "vacation".

3 comments:

Glo said...

Sorry things didn't go well for you. If I'd have been there I'd of slapped her for you...I know that doesn't help things,but it would have made you feel a little better.Hope you get a goodnights sleep. Take care and God bless.
Glo

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

Oh Gosh! I was wondering how u were doing.

Nicole said...

I linked to your site from Heidi's...that's too bad about your experience. As I was reading it, I tried to put myself in the shoes of the airport attendant and I just cannot imagine ever saying that after hearing your story...I mean, come on, was she human? My grandparents and family lives in Sioux Falls...small world. :)