Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Stupid Moment

I had a moment of stupidity today. I am not sure why or how. I met a man today, business related, and I was pulling out some documents that he needed. They were documents related to Joel's death, death certificate, award letters......stuff that brought back a lot of memories. I started to get chocked up and he said to me, I have a disclaimer for today, just like you have one for your moments, I have one for today to excuse my absent mindness. He then began to tell me about his wifes miscarriage today. They have a 12 and 13 year old and just found out they were pregnant a few months ago. We talked, we grieved....we talked. At the end, as he was walking me out I said, this will get better. I was so mad at myself after that. I hate it when people say, "it will get better", it makes me feel so mad and so sure that they have no fricking clue of what I am going through. Yet, I said the one statement to this man, who is at a loss and feels like he has been hit by a ton of bricks, the one statement I have come to hate and now I feel as though I have turned into that one person and said that statement because I did not know what else to say. But I do know what else to say, I do know how it feels to feel at a loss. I just felt so damn stupid and like I have wronged him. I am going to talk to him again tomorrow and I will apologize for that.

No comments: