Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Follow up to Bren

I have gotten a few comments about Brenna's encounter yesterday and I just want to thank you all for your comments and support. I know we are doing the right thing and I know that Bren is a strong beautiful little lady. You all are wonderful, thank you for helping me to realize that all of these things are good and ok. Today, Bren and I went to meet Justin for lunch and to take some homemade chocolate chip cookies to his co workers(there is only 6 of them in the office)and on the way there, Bren had a little meltdown. She was sitting in the back seat and started whimpering a little bit and looked so sad. I asked her if she was ok and she said, "no, I miss my papa so much, my papa who died." I asked her what she missed about him and she said, "I miss swimming with him, riding bikes with him, playing with him and swinging with him. I just miss him mama." I was in tears by now because she has never expressed her pain like this before, part of me was glad she could but the other part of me was splitting in two." I said, I know you miss him honey, but you know he is always with us, no matter what you are doing. She said, "I know mama, but he does not do anything but just lay there." I was a little baffled by the just laying there part, but I figured she meant he did not play or interact with her. So we talked for a few minutes about the afterlife and what I beleive about seeing him again one day, still being able to talk to him and knowing that he is with us still. This is the response that really got me and I hardly kept the tears at a minimum so I could see the road to drive. She said, "Mama, when I die, will he still love me and know me? How will he find me? Mama, why did he walk through the gates to heaven, I thought all angels flew, I know my papa is an angel. I hear him in my ear and he had to fly to me to talk to me." In between stiffled sobs I had to ask her when she hears her papa and what does he say to her? She said(and this really got me) "I hear him say I love you every night, but I don't tell anyone because I don't anyone to tell me its impossible." Man, how do kids get this smart and figure it all out before we do. So I told her that I beleive that she hears her papa talking to her and yes he is an angel, I know he is because of the dreams I have had. I told her she can always tell me when she hears her papa, I will always beleive her because I know it is possible. I also told her that no one can tell her what to beleive, they are her beleifs and if anyone ever tells her that it is not possible, she needs to tell them that they are her beleifs and she beleives in God, the afterlife and that all things are possible. She just smiled at me and said, "I won't ever change my beleifs." God I love my girls more than life itself and everyday I am amazed at their strength and their abilities. They are wonderful girls, how did I get so blessed?

2 comments:

MQ said...

Mary! I'm crying again!!! I feel so much pain for your little family, so much loss, so young. I'm so glad Bren could express herself to you. You're doing a great job seeing how she feels comfortable saying all of that. Sweet girl...

Glo said...

Tears and more tears. I said she was a smart little gal. Papa walked through the gates of Heaven to recieve his wings....He is an angel. Tell her I believe he talks to her and it Ok to answer him and tell him she loves him too.