Friday, January 14, 2011

Doing well

This morning I had a huge moment.  We woke up late, kid's were rushed for everything, plus one still had to shower before the bus arrived at 645.  We pushed, we helped, we got them ready and before we knew it they were ready and at the door waiting for the bus.  As soon as they walked out of the door Justin said, "well that was a great morning!"  It was, despite the rush and the hustle it was a great morning.  It dawned on me that this is what Joel would want(not the sleeping in and running late, he HATED running late!) but the happiness that was a part of all the rushing.   The smiles, the hugs and the I love yous that were scattered in all the morning hustle.  My girls are happy, truly happy.  They smile, they laugh and they say I love you more times in a day then I can count.  They still miss their papa, they still ask questions and they still hurt at times.  It's normal, it's OK and it is healthy to feel that way and talk about it.  I'm just glad that we are moving forward in this process, that we are finding love and happiness even in our darkest moments.  I think this is what God wants for us.  In our darkest hours we are to turn to him for comfort and light and we will see and find love, happiness and maybe some answers.  I think we are doing well..indeed we are.

No comments: