Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tough Month(s)

It has been a hard month...make that a few tough months.  Back in September I felt as though life was moving forward, that we all(in the Cahill family) were getting stronger and healing.  People were laughing more, trips together were being planned, then October came.  Joel's second oldest brother was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Brain Cancer...such a nasty sounding word.  I guess it fits, because it is a nasty form of brain cancer.  My heart has broken a million times over, my heart aches for my family but mostly for those kid's who will endure the loss of a parent.  For my mother-in-law who will loose yet another son.  I know we are all praying for a miracle, begging God to be merciful on this family and hoping for the answer's to our prayers, but also preparing ourselves for the day when his time will end.  My heart aches.  I can't fix it, I can't change it.  I can't do a damn thing and it makes me angry.  These last few months have brought up a lot of pain, a lot of questions and ultimately a lot of hope.   Hope for the future and that Randy will have some healthy and happy days ahead.  Hope that the children will be able to enjoy the time they have left with their father and have peace in the days to come.  Hope that this tragedy that has fallen upon this family(yet again) will strengthen it and not break it again.  I am praying that even through this sense of loss that we will all find healing.  My heart aches...oh does it ache.

The above link in the title will take you to Randy's page.  You can read about his journey, learn who he is and maybe say a few prayers for him.

No comments: