Friday, June 15, 2007

Had to Share

I was flipping through my old e-mails a little while ago, I have a whole folder of the messages I recieved from Joel while he was in Iraq. I don't know why I did this, but I saved every one of his e-mails. Now I am so glad. Everyonce in a while I flip through it and read a few. The last few days I have missed him terribly, not that I don't always, but this has been a little more difficult. I think I had a sign tonight that he is still with me and sees all that happens because when I opened up this e-mail, one I had forgotten about, it still pertains to our daily lives. Just a little weird, but I wanted to share it with you all. Here is a little background on the e-mail, just so you aren't to confused, or me later when I go back and read this blog. The previous day I had written him and told him about an incident that happened in Publix. I was checking out, and the bagger, Scott(he was always our bagger in the afternoons, a nice older man). He said, "Everytime I see you, I cannot get over how all three of you have dimples, they are so big". Brenna goes, "Yes, mama has the biggest nipples". It was too funny!!! She meant dimples, but she said nipples. I laughed so hard as did everyone else around us. So, here is Joel's response. His love for all of us is so evident in this e-mail. Just wanted to share a piece of my husband with you all. Mary, I just cannot get you off my mind today (not the I am trying). I miss holding you! I cannot wait to get home. I hope you guys have a great day today. I laughed out loud when you explained the niples thing to me. That Brenna is so funny. I cannot wait to be home so I can hear and laugh at all of the funny things the girls say and do. It sounded like you had a good day yesterday. That is great. Well I know this is short but I have a ton of work to do so I will write again later. I love you and I miss you sooo much. Love, Joel

8 comments:

MQ said...

That is a funny story! He must have missed his girls so much...that email makes him so real to me, for someone who has never known either of you.

Nicole said...

I'll be in Houston for work this week- I fly in this afternoon and I'm there until Wed evening. I didn't know if you would like to get together, but if you would, here's my number: 402-660-9819. I'm staying by the Galleria. :)

Nicole Turk (Osterberg)

MQ said...

PS, your girls are ADORABLE!

CJ said...

Beautiful picture Mary! I'm glad to see that life is going on for you and that you are healing. Best of everything to you always. Angel hugs,
CJ

Christine said...

I just came across your blog via Former Sour Patch Experiment blogger...Karen. Your little ladies are adorable and your nipple story made me laugh and cry! I am preparing to send my husbad back to Iraq for a second deployment. We are at Fort Drum and your trip up here was so very thoughtful. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I admire your strength so much.

I will keep up with you on your blog! If you want to read about our adventures:
www.millironj.typepad.com/polkadots

Glo said...

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS.........They look so much like both of you. You and Joel completed each other. Loved the funny story and the e-mail. Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us. God bless and keep healing my friend.
Lots of {{HUGS}}

Glo said...

Hope you guys had a Safe and Happy 4th. You haven't been on for a while, just letting you know your missed.
Love & God Bless

Glo said...

OK......It's been over a month since you been on your blog. Just wanted to tell you that you are missed.
Have you and the girls had a good summer?
Hope to see you back on soon.
Love,{{Hugs}} and God bless,
Glo