Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Your are right Glo.

Glo, I went back and re-read some of my post, from June of last year, February of last year and a few others. I have healed, a lot. I have known this, but I think, tonight for the first time since Joel died and I finally accepted all that has happened, I truly saw how hurt I was, how angry, confused and just down right sad. I guess when you are in the moment and living it, you don't always see it, but when you are writing it, keeping a log, you have a huge track record to remind yourself of just where you were, how hard it was and how much it hurt. I just wanted to thank you Glo, you reminded me how much healing I have done and that I am in a better place now than I was a year ago. It is easy to forget what you have done for yourself and accomplished. It takes others to help us remember that we are healing and getting better. I guess I realized that not all of these post will be about my pain anymore, but about our life, our new journey; Our Life After Iraq. After all, this is what it is. Thank you Glo.

4 comments:

MQ said...

Mary, I just wanted to let you know I thought of you on Memorial Day. I put your name on my Memorial Day post on my blog. Hope you don't mind. I know it was a couple weeks ago, but I've been so busy too, and my husband is away on TDY so it's been crazy around here as I'm sure you know..but I did want to tell you, you and your precious ones were in my thoughts.

mary said...

Thank you so much!!

Glo said...

No thanks needed Mary. You just don't know how I helpless I felt last year when I would read and reread your blog and all I could do was to leave a comment or say a prayer.When really I just wanted to be there with you and the girls. Give you Hugs and tell you it would get better. I even felt guilty when Mike came home in Sept.06,know that was silly too. I really think I should be Thanking You. Because of you and the girls,I made it through the hip surgery and the year not felling so sorry for myself because I was all alone. Or maybe Mary,God had a hand in it. Maybe it was ment for us to help each other. I just know there was a reason I happened across your blog. I hope you baked your cake and made it a very special day. God bless.
Love and {{Hugs}}

MQ said...

Thank you for your kind note Mary!