Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Flag

The last few days I have been seeing more and more flags. With each flag I see I start thinking about Joel. I see more than just the stars and stripes that most of us see when we look at the flag. I see so much more, or think about so much more. I see the strength of our nation that my husband saw and fought for with all he had. I see the freedoms that we all have because of the greatness of our nation and the millions of soldiers that fight for our great nation. I see the lives that have been given in sacrifice of our great nation. But more than that, I see the lives of our two little girls that my husband and I created. I see the future that they may have because of my husband's and all the other soldiers sacrifice. I see the hope that my husband had for our children and I see the promise in our nation that will be there with our continued battles to keep us all safe and free. The flag has so much meaning to me these days. I do not yet have one in my front yard but I will soon. I will have one waving daily in honor of my husband, all of our soldiers past and present and our great nation. God how I miss Joel, how I think of him daily and wish he would not have been in that hummvee. I know that cannot be changed, I know all I can do now is wave my flag in honor of him, honor him daily and remember him. He is my hero, my love and still my strength. Help to remember my Joel, help me to keep his memory and honor alive. Wave your flag and keep it going for Joel, CPT Cahill and all of our soldiers who have given their lives for our nation and their beliefs.

2 comments:

MQ said...

I'm amazed at how few people fly their flags, even on Flag Day, Memorial Day, etc. I will always fly mine as well.

mary said...

Thank you to you all.