Monday, April 21, 2008

Crazy, Crazy!!!

Ok, so as if the last weeks were not enough to scare me and make me want to get the heck out of Houston, Justin's truck got stolen Friday from a Hooters Restaurant! He is so sad, upset and worried. I feel so bad for him and can't help but keep thinking that we need to get the heck out of dodge and leave it in the dust. I know this type of stuff happens every day everywhere, but the fact that it is happening so close to home and to us makes it even scarier. After getting over the initial shock of his truck being gone and getting used to the fact that we can't just load up the 4-wheeler and go let the girls ride, or load up junk and take it to the dump, we will be ok. Justin is actually doing surprisingly well. He said, as long as the insurance company takes care of me and my loan, this may be better for us, it will erase one part of debt and help us get where we need to get. I think the hardest part for him is having just one car right now. I am ok with it, the girls and I don't go anywhere during the day and there are ways to make the activities fit in with our limited car arrangements. He is struggeling though, but I know he will get over it. I am just glad that he was not out there when it was happening. It is so scary to me to know how many car thefts go wrong in Houston. In the last week there has been a half dozen or so shot or stabbed from car thefts/jackings gone wrong. I can't and won't even think that way. Well, I need to get to my girls. We are watching Evan Almighty this morning and then maybe off to the pool this afternoon. We will see. Faith is out of school today, so we are going to try and have fun today.

3 comments:

Glo said...

Sorry to hear about Justin's truck. Hope you guys are ok...This is why I live 40 miles from K.C. close enough if I need to go there,but far enough so we don't get caught up in all the bad stuff. Not saying not ever happens here....just not every 2 mins. Everyone knows me and my family. Sometimes that's good and sometimes times not. We all watch out for each other and I'm not affraid to set on my porch in the evening or be here by myself. Guess I'm just a small town gal. Someone from the city ask me one time Just where do you eat....I said mostly at home. And being a smart A__ I said where do you cook. Our special times are going out to dinner in the city. Oh they call us hicks.....

Love ya Mary. Hope I made you laugh a little.

MQ said...

Oh, that is the WORST!! My husband's car was stolen and burned. I swear to god. It was this tricked out Mazda Miata with silver racing stripes, a thumping system, rims the whole cheesy-guy nine yards.

Melissa said...

Just jumping in so you know where to find me. I could comment but I gave you my 2 cents earlier.