Thursday, April 24, 2008

Getting On Track

Ok, so life is getting better, I think. No news on the truck, it will take about 20 to 30 days to process so in the meantime we are just hoping that if it does turn up at this point, it is deemed a total loss. I know that sounds a little strange, but at this point if it is returned, who knows what kind of shape it is in! So other than the truck being stolen, life is pretty darn boring around here. I am trying to stay on top of the house work (I will let you all know when I finally make that happen!), get the girls to all of their activities and keep running. Pretty normal, pretty boring but I am finding that I am ok with this! The less drama and heartache the better! One thing that has been happening is Bren is going through her second grieving phase I think. She has had a tough time with it all and been really sad and frustrated. I am grateful that she is able to verbalize to me how she is feeling, but at the same time, I still wish she did not have to go through this. I am also very grateful that she has her big sister to help her. At night when they are going to bed, I can hear them whispering in their room about papa and how they both miss him and then Faith telling Brenna what she thinks or does to make her feel better. The first time I heard Faith say this to Bren, I sat there and cried. I am glad that she is brave and strong enough to do this though, I think it is good for Brenna to hear it from her big sis and not just from mama or Justin. This has been going on for a few weeks now, I have not written much about it because this has been really hard on all of us. Bren is a very sensitive little girl and when she is sad, she gets really sad and very down on herself. It has been hard for me to help her, cope with it and get her through it. So to write about it has been even more difficult. I don't know if I have even really talked about it to many people. It is scary at times and very easy to tell myself I am not doing it right, if I was, my daughter would not be so sad or would not get down on herself. I know that is not true, I know that is just how she is, she is like her mama. Speaking of Bren, she is sitting here thumbing Faith's guitar strings and patiently waiting for me to be done, so I suppose I better get to it. I will let you know if I stay on top of that house work! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

3 comments:

Glo said...

Glad your train is back on track girl. Your an amazing and wonderful mom. I know it been a hard time for you and the girls,but I also know you have a "Special" Angel watching over all you each and every hour.

Love and BIG {{Hugs}}

Glo said...

Glad your train is back on track girl. Your an amazing and wonderful mom. I know it been a hard time for you and the girls,but I also know you have a "Special" Angel watching over all you each and every hour.

Love and BIG {{Hugs}}

Unknown said...

I don't know if you would be interested or not, but there is a great place in Houston called Bo's Place/ The Grief Center of Texas. They provide grief counseling for kids and families where there has been the loss of a parent or sibling. It was started by the family of a little boy who died of cancer at the age of 12.