Thursday, April 03, 2008

So What DO my neighbors think???!!

Well, I had to write about this because I think it is pretty funny and actually quite ridiculous that I even gave it any thought. As I wrote before we are working on the front of our house and we basically started all over from scratch. So today I decided it was a wonderful day to pull out 4 huge bushes and then start planting a minimum of 20 plants(that was just to get started). Bren and Faith want a butterfly garden so that involves lots of different plants when you have a 5 and 7 year old planning it!!! Anyways, as I am outside today my nieghbors are out, landscape guys are out working on yards and more than once I caught a few people staring at what I was doing. At first I was very paranoid thinking, "oh no, am I going to get into trouble with the Homeowners Assoc. for not getting approval or am I making a fool out of myself." I gave this a little thought and then one of my other neighbors came out, I was taking a little break, cleaning up and sweeping off the walk. She just stared at me, I said hello and she said Hi (real fast and short) and turned around. I thought about it again, then I took a good look at myself in the front door. OH BOY!!!! I looked so ridiculous! I wish I had a picture to show you all. I realized just then what I had thrown on to work in the yard, picture this---brown cowboy boots(keeps the feet cleaner and protects my toes and body if I find a snake!), short tan colored shorts(that are a little snug) a brown t-shirt and a mud streaked face and arms to go along with it. Not mention my hair was wild and crazy looking from the wind. I am sure my neighbors were watching me thinking I had certainly lost my mind!! I guess I would think the same thing. Oh well, I don't care to much, it is my yard and I was comfortable for the most part(minus the snug shorts!) Good thing they did not see my socks, one was navy blue and one was light blue, I am sure they would have fun looking at me then!! What's the sense in looking nice when your just going to get dirty?!?! Take care ya'll!

5 comments:

MQ said...

LOL! I love it! I totally agree. I have no one to impress when I'm working outside :)

Glo said...

I can just see you....That was so funny. Your house, your yard right. Love the different color socks. Girl you'd think you were from Missouri. Good luck with all your planting.

Glo said...

I can just see you....That was so funny. Your house, your yard right. Love the different color socks. Girl you'd think you were from Missouri. Good luck with all your planting.

Heidi said...

I am a piece of work with my work clothes. Good idea about the boots because I have found two snakes this week . . . I HATE snakes. Take pictures of your gardening!

Nicole said...

When I used to mow our lawn in Georgia (in the middle of the southern summer) I would come back in the house and catch myself in the mirror...my hair and clothing would always be DRENCHED in sweat and my hair looked like I had been chasing stray voltage...terrible!