Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yet another google search

This is a rather hard one to explain, but for myself, my friends and my chidren I think it is important. So.... let me start with the hole story. My grandmother, who is between the age of 86 and 88(no one seems to know the correct age) is not doing so well. She is failing fast. She is a fighter, always has been, but in the last few weeks, her fight has dwindled. I don't blame her, not one bit. She fought off cancer, gone through a ton of vascular problems resulting in surgery, lost a husband, a child, three grandchildren, one daughter-in-law, a grandson-in-law and I think two great-grand-children. She has been through a lot, not to include her siblings who have passed on. Let's just say my grandma is ready and has been ready for quite some time to join her family in heaven. After talking to my dad tonight and getting the low down, I decided to look up my grandma Rose on Google, of course I did not find anything. Anything she did is written down in ton's and ton's of journals which I would love to get my hands on some day. I just felt like I needed to see if she is out there, if her history is down anywhere. So after I did that, I again googled Joel's name. I came across the same photo's and articles I have stared at and read so many times, the same pictures I wish would just leap out at me and hold me. The photo's that show that smile that I wish I could see just one more time and kiss it all over. I miss him so much. It is only 7 more days until the year anniversary. A whole year. One fricken year. Somedays I want to scream, others I want to cry, then some I want to shout and say, I am hear, I am alive, I am doing it. I feel so confused at times. So much so that I just don't know what to do. I wish this had never happened, I wish my life was different right now. However, I know that will not change, I know that this year has been real and I cannot change that. I look at people having their babies and at times I get so sad and I wish it had been me. I look at some of them and think and pray, I hope you will have their daddy forever. I know this all sounds so crazy and so random, but a widow's brain is never the same. A widow's brain, as I am figuring out is altered forever and one day the world can seem bright and normal and others it can be as gray and bleak as a snow storm. I wish I never knew what a widow's brain was like, I wish I could never express that, but that is not the case here. I miss Joel so much. I miss him more than I ever thought possible. The girls are doing ok, but they too know what is on us. Faith is getting so clingy and so emtional lately that it is showing in school right now. Bren is doing the same, but she get's through it once I leave. Faith has trouble all day long, she cries at movies in school, and at stories and needs extra hugs. I am praying that once we get through this week and the next, they will both be back to normal. I am praying. I wish I could change it for them, I wish I could make their life different, better and "normal". I know I can't do that, but as a mommy, I wish I could. It hurts so much to see your babies hurting and not being able to do a darn thing about it. I will be ok. I have to, I have these two babies who need me and I also have wonderful friends who keep me going. I will make it, I just need a lot of support these next few days.

5 comments:

Glo said...

Mary and girls,We also have you on a prayer list at our church and also some of our friends at other churches here in Missouri.We hope that just knowing so many people love and care about you and the girls will give you some peace through this diffecult time.I'm here for you. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
Love and God bless,
Glo

MQ said...

I'm very sorry for your loss and I know many one year marks are coming in November for friends of my husband, so I think of all our soldiers often these days.

I pray for you and don't know you, or what to pray for, but I send them up to God in hopes they help in some small way.

Jane said...

Mary, I just want you to know that you and your girls are in my prayers as your approach the first anniversary of the loss of your precious husband. We lost our son 10 years ago in the Valujet crash in the Everglades. Our faith has given us the strength to face each day. I pray that God will give you strength and peace. {{hugs}}

mary said...

To everyone, thank you so much for your support and prayers. I cannot tell you how much it means. To let you know your prayers are working, this last week has been much easier to handle, not by anything I have done, but I am sure it is all the prayers you are saying for us and all of the spouses who are going through this time.
God Bless

dr.studychick said...

dear mary, i was googling the words, love, hurt and hope, and i came to your blog. thank you, your words are wonderful. you are in my thoughts and prayers.