Sunday, April 09, 2006

"I think you are brave"

Tonight, after stories, I promised the girls that I would rock them each in the rocking chair, this is a special treat becuase normally I rock them both at the same time. I was rocking Brenna and I started to get a little sad, she was looking at me with this goofy smile and crazy eyes and I know Joel would have just laughed and laughed at this look. It just made me sad. Brenna was looking at me and asked why I was sad, I said I am missing papa. She said, "you are not crying?" I said no, I am not, just sad. She said, "mama, I think you are brave." For a brief moment I thought, ah...this is it, this is what it feels to feel as though I doing right for my girls and showing them how to be a brave a woman. Then Brenna followed he statement by multiple comments of why I am not brave. All funny too. Kids, they are what keep us going, keep us strong and keep us moving. These girls keep me going daily, how I love them.

No comments: