Sunday, December 10, 2006

The balloons

Yesterday the girls and I went to a birthday party and the girls got balloons. As you know we always let balloons go for Joel. When we got home Bren asked me if she could let her balloon go for Joel, I said sure honey that would be really sweet. I am talking to Joel's mom at this time, so she is listening a little and I am repeating what is happening. Bren let's her balloon go and I said, oh honey we should have moved away from the big tree(she was right under a huge oak tree, there was no way this balloon was going to go up through it!). We always say something when we let balloons go and she said, on her own, "I love you papa and I want you to have my ballon, but I know it got struck in the tree. I hope you can get it." It was so sweet, but still so funny. I was proud of her for this, very proud. Faith went out back and let her's go, but she did not want anyone around, so I am not sure what she said, or if she said anything. It kind of made me sad, but at the same time, proud that she wanted that moment to herself.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The balloon idea is so neat.
I'll be thinking of you and the girls on Christmas. Take care.

MQ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MQ said...

What a beautiful thing to do. Hugs from our family.