Thursday, December 21, 2006

Random Acts of Kindness

Well, yesterday I realized that there are wonderful people in this world. I was on the phone with my mom and I heard the doorbell ring. I walked out to the door and found the typical boxes that arrive around the holiday season. As I opened the first box, I found wrapped packages. I looked at the card and saw the girls name on it and it said, "Love Santa". I was baffeled at first. I was thinking who in the world sent this?! Then I decided to look at the packing slip and I saw the name on it. I burst into tears and felt good all at the same time. The packages for my girls came from a friend of Joel's. Joel went through the officer Advance course with him and I met him once or twice, the last time being at Joel's funeral at ANC. The fact that this man took the time to think of my girls and send them present from essentially a perfect stranger to them. I am so greatful to this man and what he has done for my girls. I don't think he knows how happy he is going to make them and what he has done for them and me.

3 comments:

Glo said...

The blessings of Christmas.What a wonderful man and friend.
Have a wonderful Christmas. We're getting ready to go to the grandkids.YEA

mary said...

Thank you Glo for all of your support, kindness and blogging friendship. It is people like you, random strangers, who help me to get through some of the toughest days.
Merry Christmas and God Bless!!

Glo said...

Your welcome Mary. I'm so glad I could help you in some small way. I always try to treat people as I would want to be treated.Praying you have a wonderful Christmas. Give the girls hugs and then have them hug you. That's the hugs I would have given all of you had I been there.
Love and Prayers