Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year and farewell to a 10 year habit

Happy New Year to all! I hope the new year brings you a lot of joy, happiness and great beginings. The girls and I started this New Year out with bowling a few games today with a friend. It was a lot of fun, and the girls are getting really good at it. Faith is so much stronger than I thought she was! Tonight is going to be a movie and probably an early bedtime. We are all pooped. No big plans for us. Just hopes for a great and blessed New Year. As I start this New Year, I am hoping to succeed in giving up my 10 1/2 year habit of smoking. I started a few weeks ago of taking medicine to start quitting and tomorrow is my day to give it all up. I think for the first time in all of my attempts to quit, this is going to be my succesful one. I never took a prescription drug to quit before, but this one is working so far, I have gone from a pack and a half to about 4 or 5 a day and could easily do less than that. I am really excited about this and feel very good about this. Just wanted to share this. For the first time in a year, I actually feel that I can handle all of this without a secondary habit, and that I can beat this habit just as Joel always wanted me to. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

CJ said...

Huge round of applause for you!! You can do it! Happy New Year to you and the girls. God be extra close to you this year. You're a special lady.

Nicole said...

GOOD LUCK!

Glo said...

I know you can do this Mary. I quit over 20 yrs ago. Mike just started his pills. He was up to a pack and a half a day. Now is having only 4 cigs a day. I'm very proud of you,I know it takes a lot of will power. What away to start off the New Year. Wishing you all the LUCK in the world. Have a blessed 2007.
Love and Hugs

MQ said...

Wow, good for you, and good luck! I know that's not an easy thing to quit, but you CAN do it. :)

chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chrissy said...

Congrats and Happy New Year. What kind of pills are you taking, I think I need the extra help to quit.

Heidi said...

Just stopping by to see how you and the girls are doing! Hope that 2007 is going okay . . . good luck with kicking the bad habit!

Glo said...

Mary, How are you doing kicking your Habit? How is 2007 treating you and the little ones? We're doing fine.Old bones don't like the weather. Not really cold here just rainy.Guess it's better than the Snow in Co.
Love & Prayers