Monday, February 27, 2006

Kids Made My Day

Today was a good day, relatively. The girls just made my day, they are both just to darn funny, and they just made the day easier for me. I guess my prayers were answered, I asked for strength to get through the day and easy moments. Today we had to drive onto post and as we were driving through the gate, the security guard was checking our ID and waving us through, at FT Benning they always say, "Welcome to home of the Infantry, Follow Me". This time, for the first time, Faith said, "But you aren't walking". It was hysterical, I about died laughing. I do not know how many times she has been on post, but this was first time she ever said that, it was to funny and it gave me a good laugh. I do not like going on post, I always have moments of dread of what moments will come to me. She made me laugh and helped me through that moment. Then as we were driving home, out of the blue Faith starts talking about her lessons in school, she could not remember what baby chickens were called, so I told her chick's. She starts singing, chick's and dickling's, chick's and dicklings. I was laughing so hard, I was about to pee my pants. Finally I was able to tell her that it is "duckling and not dickling", (which actually sounded like duckwing). I laughed so damn hard, she just made my day and made it "easy" for me. It was just a refreshing day, with moments from my kids to make it light and easy. I know my kids will help me through those days that I just don't want to keep going. I thank god for everything I have and for my gift of my girls.

No comments: