Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Car Ride

Well the car ride went smoother than I thought. The girls were awesome, Maggie slept most of the way, I think she was still sleeping off the benadryl I gave her to help calm her down(per the Vet's advice of course!) The girls either watched movies, slept or colored in the back. They were so good, I was so proud of them. The drive itself was great. It was easier than I thought it would be emotionally for me. I remember good things about the drive, places Joel and I always wished we had time to stop and visit for a day or two, places we hated driving through like Nashville or St Louise(we always tried to plan the times we hit those places, but we always failed and it was comical). Then as we hit Missouri, it was like each 20 miles or so had some sort of memory for me. Gas stations we always stopped at, the McDonalds we always stopped at to eat because it was always clean....silly stuff like that. It was good for me, a lot of great memories, not as hard as I thought it would be, but actually good for me to think back, remember those moments and see all the happy and fun times we had. Those are starting to outway the silly things that we fought about that we thought were so important, but in the big picture, they aren't and I hardly remember most of those things. I would have rather flown, but this road trip ended up being good for all of us and maybe, just maybe it was meant to happen this way....to prove to myself that it is ok to have some fear, but I have to face up to those fears and realize that it is not as bad as I make it to be.

1 comment:

Glo said...

Girl you are so BLESSED to have a friend like that. Glad the car ride went smooth. Hope you have a wonderful time with all your family and friends. Take care.
Love and Prayers,
Glo