Sunday, August 13, 2006

this and that....

The other night, as I was brushing my teeth, I noticed my "long" tooth, I have one tooth on the top that is a little longer than the rest. It is not to noticeable if you are just looking at me, but if you stare at my teeth, you see it. Joel always poked fun at me for this, so as I noticed it and remembered what he used to say to me about it, and the other "abnormal" things, I got a good laugh. Joel also used to make fun of my nose, I have one nostril that is considerably smaller than the other side, that is due to my multiple broken noses as a kid. My dimples were the other thing, he loved my big dimples, but would always say, "you know those are going to be giant wrinkles when you get old". Then he would do his deep belly laugh and say, but they will be my favorite wrinkles becuase I will remember how beautiful they were. I really wish he was there that night as I picked my abnormalties apart and remembered what he said to me. We both would have had a good laugh and then he would have found my gray hairs, yes I have those too, and he would have really given me hell then! Then I would have started picking on him. He had one real big nostril too, eyebrow hair that grew faster than the hair on his head, huge veins on his leg that I loved to push on and play with and his funny shaped birth marks on his back, waist and left leg(which my faithy has inherited from him). I miss all of those things about him, god how I miss it. I am greatful that I have these memories and that I will be able to share them with my girls and am already. I don't think anyone will ever be able to pick on me like that and make me laugh like he did.

2 comments:

Glo said...

MEMORIES ARE GREAT, WHY IS IT THE FUNNEST ONE ARE ALWAYS THE ONES TO COME OUT FIRST AND MAKES US SMILE...........COINCIDENCENE OR GOD'S PLAN?????

Glo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.