Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Day

Faith's first day of school went really well, I think mostly because she was with me the whole time! Tomorrow is her first few hours without me and then Monday will be her first full day of school. She goes to a Catholic School, so they are a little easy on the first few days of school, breaking the little ones in easy as possible. I know she will be fine, this is the school I enrolled her in last December, realizing she needed this as much as I did and that this is what Joel would have wanted me to do. He wanted me to make sure that if anything happened to him, with the ins. money I was to enroll the girls in private school and stash away plenty of money for school and college. I have done so and am proud of my little girl and how she has grown, not only in her education, but also in her faith and feelings about Joel and her memories. She has had a good day so far, but also I think she still is holding in a lot of anxiety about school and being away from me. Everytime we get in the car, she panicks a little and gets a tummy ache and it does not go away until we get out of the car. I am a little worried about this and know I need to get her back into therapy, but.....I don't want to put to much on her. I know she will be ok and I will do the right things for her...I just need to be patient, pray and ask for guidance on the right things and right time for all of this to take place for her. I will make sure to let you all know how her first real day goes. Tomorrow should be good, her teacher is even letting her bring in a very loved picture of Joel and I. She sleeps with it at night and looks at it anytime she feels sad about Joel......boy have I gotten random or what! I will let you know how it all goes tomorrow!

No comments: