Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wal-mart

Today Faith and I are having some alone time before she starts school. We were running all over Columbus looking for Classic Colored Washable Markers, not a darn store had them! It is pretty crazy, so tomorrow back on the hunt for two more boxes. Anyways...as we were in Wal-Mart(my least favorite store) we were waiting in line to check out, I looking around, Faith is playing and I see the newspaper. There was an article on the front page about another Benning soldier who was killed in Iraq. I picked it up and read it , I don't know why, I still cannot manage to read about or listen to anything regarding Iraq and soldiers dying...I finished the article and realized I was crying a little. An older man behind me walked up and read the paper, looked at me, my KIA bracelet I still wear and had a sad teary look on his face. I just gave a half smile and turned around to finish up paying for our stuff. I feel like I should have said something but I knew I could not. I still get short of breath and anxious when someone asks me what my bracelets mean and who the man is that is engraved on my two bracelets. One is Joel's friend who died 8 years ago and the bracelet he wore and one is Joel's. I still don't know if I am reacting the right way to strangers comments, I still don't know how I should be acting or feeling at times...I still get so damn confused. I pray for the day that clarity comes again, if it will.

4 comments:

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

Not sure if u have a Target but the one here had the markers for a $1 a pack.

mary said...

They did here too....but darn it....they are all gone!!!! I am hoping that tomorrow we can find one more! I found one hidden in a box here.....I am so un organized. School starts on Tuesday!!! Oh well, if it is a few days late, I am sure Faiths teacher will understand.

Glo said...

Some times Wal-mart is my least favorite store too and my Husband has worked for them for 17yrs. Always moving things around.I don't like to be there that long just likt to get what I came for and get out.

chrissy said...

There is really no wrong way for you to deal with the stangers. I am sure the old man knew and didn't know what to say to either.
about the markers you could always try those craft stores or party city ..does toys r us sell that stuff??just somewhere else you might look maybe just maybe they sell that stuff..