Monday, August 14, 2006

Motivation, where is it?!?

Well, my motivation is gone again. I have just a few things left to move out of the house, clean the house and some landscaping to do in the back yard and still get the house on the rental market. I just cannot get motivated to get it done. I know I need to, I know I will be angry with myself if I don't get it done by this weekend. I just need to get motivated somehow. Any suggestions? I will be more than happy to entertain any suggestions. I need to do something to get motivated. I just seem to have good intentions, get out to the house, do a little work, find myself thinking about Joel, the girls, my pain and then I am done with the work. That takes all of thirty minutes! I am not getting a whole heck of a lot done at that pace!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I have a "motivation CD" that comes in handy during those kinds of days. :) It's a mix of eighties tunes that I love and that can somehow get me going...just a thought!

mary said...

That is a great idea, thank you so much. I will definatly do the music stuff. Funny thing Nicole, Joel has a whole bunch of 80's music that I have up loaded to my I-Pod and I listen to it a lot. I think that will get me going......It will feel like he is with me I guess. Thanks for the suggestions!

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

Music and open your window and doors if its nice outside. For some reason taking a shower before hand gives a lil more energy too!

Glo said...

I don't know where motivation goes,I get up thinking I'm going to do this or that today.Then someone calls says you want to do lunch or go somewhere ,off I go. I don't have as much on my plate as you do. I do agree with Ladonna it will always be there when you get back to it. Also agree with have a friend or hire someone to help. I always seem to get more done if someone else is there with me,even if they are not doing a thing.... Teenagers love to pick up a little spending money. I also use to make a game out of it with my kids. Give them little things to do,set a timer.You take a job and give them one. Do it before the timer goes off.(Nothing says you can't keep setting the timer.)Please don't tell my kids 42/36 I did that. We use to get alot done. I'm firm a believer in pj day.....make some veggie's dip and finger sands pop in a movie with the kids or alone.Have a great day and a better tomorrow.