Sunday, August 13, 2006

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

I have been trying to fall asleep for a little while now and this poem popped into my head. I am a bit of a closet poet(I am not very good, but have always loved to write poems) and so here is the poem. I hope this will help me to sleep, getting it out of my head on the computer. Yesterday.....I held you in my arms, caressed your face, kissed your lips and looked into your eyes. Thinking I would see you again, thinking it won't be long until I see you again. Today.....I am crushed, my heart torn into shreds, blinded by the pain. Unsure of how to go on without you. My life was destroyed by one single blow and my soulmate lost forever. Tomorrow.....I push, I struggle, fighting to stay above water. Determined to win and pursue this life. Knowing that without life, my children will not have life. Knowing that without life, your dreams will disipate. So I fight and struggle, for your memory, your honor and your dreams. For you, I will live. This is not much, but it is exactly what popped into my head and I have yet to write any poems since Joel died. When my brother Bradley died, I wrote many....so many that I am still finding ones I forgot about. I recently found a folder of poems that I had to do for a college lit class and read them, so many of them were related to my pain of Bradley dying and yet, all of them related to the pain that I feel since Joel died. Only two people read those poems, my literature professor and Joel. Ironic that he read these and thought they good.

4 comments:

AmitMakwana said...

nice poem indeed.
pouring ur heart out, when in pain, brings out the great poems. so go on with ur poems.
take care. c u.

Glo said...

Very nice Mary....write more...Would love to read more.

Love and Prayers

mary said...

Thank you so much. Glad to see you back Glo. Love to read your comments.

Nicole said...

I used to love to write poetry and I think I have a box of old poems and journals somewhere. It's so much fun to go back and re-read those things and see where you were at certain points in your life. Although computers have sorta taken over our lives, I still love to write things on paper and keep them. :)