Monday, August 07, 2006

Home again and on the move again.....

Well, the girls and I got home last Tuesday from our long trip. It was needed for all of us and was relaxing for the most part. We enjoyed seeing all of our family, friends and loved ones who are so far away. We were also so happy to be home again, to be in our home and in our little routine again. The girls are happy to be home and with their "Max" again(our Golden Retreiver). One day after returning home I closed on a new house. I decided to rent out the house that I am in right now and move to a different home. This house that I am in currently has been so hard to be in....it is so much like any of the homes Joel and I lived in our married life. It is set up the same way as most of the other houses....same color scheme.....same furniture just in a different home. It is like I am still waiting for him to walk through the front door at any moment. It did not dawn on me until I got everything in here and came to a stand still....bauling at every moment because it was so similar to all of the other homes. So I made a decision to rent out this house, making a few bucks a month...and move into a new house. Well, not a new house, but a different one. It is a great little home....so different than any other home we ever had. It is an old home, in major need of a face lift and some new life. So I have decided to make this my new project...to breath new life into this home as I do the same thing to my life and the girls....this will be my new job until I am ready to face the work world. I thought I was ready to go to work, by after having a major panic attack and talking to my therapist...I have realized that it is time to step back, work on my life and get "healthy" first before trying to distract myself and go back to work. So we are home and on the move again, the girls are excited and ready to be in this new house. Faith helped me paint their room today and picked out the border and curtains for their room. They are so excited for this. I am glad I am doing this and am proud of myself for the decisions I have made. I think Joel would be proud of me as well.

1 comment:

Glo said...

So glad you and the girls had a good visit with your family and friends. Best of luck with your new adventure.We also as that God bless this new home. I'm so proud of you moving on. I never new Joel,just saw the pic you posted on your blog. He just seemed like a young man who love life and his family. Just looking at him I think he would be very proud of how strong you are and of how you are teaching your daughters to become strong young women.May God bless you and keep you in his care.