Wednesday, August 09, 2006

School Days

Tomorrow is Faith's first day of kindergarten. She is excited, but she is also very nervous and anxious about this as well. I have talked to her about how excited Joel was about her starting kindergarten and walking her to her first day of school. She has asked so many questions, that I think it is drilled in her head that this is a time he would have shared with her. I feel kind of guilty about this, but I also feel that it is so important that I don't hide anything about her papa from her, that I keep the lines of communication open and free flowing when it comes to him and life in general. I know there is a few things I can do to make this a little less stressful on her and I will try my hardest to make it happen, but right now I feel as though there is not a whole lot that I can do for her. I am just trying to be mama, supportive, loving and open. I feel like that is all I can do. She has a wonderful teacher who knows a lot about our situation and told me she will be understanding with Faith and I trust that she will. I just worry about my little girls. I know she will be fine, I guess maybe I need to not worry about it so much and trust that she will fall into it just like she has everything else and she will survive. We are all survivors and I know she will sail through this like a champ. I just can't help but worry about her.

2 comments:

Glo said...

I think your an amazing Mom. Telling her about Joel and how he would have loved be there on her first day. That's special,hope when she grows up she'll know how very special her Mom was. It's very hard to let them fly on their own.You'll both do fine.God bless you both. I'll be waiting to hear about the first day. Love and Prayers.

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

OH, I hope her first day of school is wonderful!