Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Thank You's

I guess I need some advice. I was driving down the road today, thought of someone I know I have thanked, but knew I needed to thank them again for a few things they have done for me. However, as I wrote this tonight....I realized it is nine months since Joel died and I have only done about 1/4 of all the thanks you's I need to do. I want to send thank yous, but I have about 300 or so left to do. I get so overwhelmed when I think of doing it, writing them.....I just can hardly bare it I guess....is it wrong of me to not write them? Is it wrong of me to just wait for a good time or is it ok to just not do them? I feel wrong about that, but......I don't know if I have the energy. My therapist has told me that it is ok not to, that most people do not expect a thank you during this time, but......what do you all think. I feel kind of rotten not getting this done. When we got married I had all of them done by August, we were married in May, to include that I was gone for the majority of that time doing Army training. Just asking for thoughts or ideas....not sure.....

3 comments:

Glo said...

I'm with your Therapist. But if it is brothering you,then maybe you could take out an Ad in the News paper. Just say " To all thoses who have been there for me in the past few month's,my girls and I "THANK YOU"............Or something like that. I'm not good with words,but it's an idea for you. I think your amazing. God bless.

chrissy said...

I am sure everyone knows that you are greatful for however they helped you and the girls. I agree with Glo you could do something like that if you wanted but I am sure everyone knows how you feel. You have had so much to deal with and on your plate nobody should hold it against you because they didn't get a card, besides I am sure that you said thank you along the way.

Heidi said...

I think you should do what is best for you. For me, writing those thank yous kept me busy the months right after the funeral. Just last week I sent off two thank yous that I have had for almost a year. I know people understand at least I hope they do. Have you thought about writing a letter to the editor in the local paper with a general thank you? My father in law did that . . . was nice idea and free. Take care!