Monday, March 27, 2006

Arlington

Here are some photo's that were taken in Arlington, these truly got me. More than I thought they would. I am so greatful that so many took some pictures of their trips to Arlington, to visit my loved one. I am so greatful to have these, each set I have received is so different and special to me in a way that I cannot explain. I am so greatful for all of those who are supporting and helping me in ways that they probably do not know they are helping me. I wrote this blog a while back, not sure if I wanted to post it. I looked at it again, looked at the pictures, the soldier saluting Joel's headstone, the headstone with flowers and I just wanted to cry but at the same time I was so very proud of my husband. The lives he touched, the soldiers that respected him and for he stood for and beleived in. I miss that man so very much and I am so proud of him, to this day and until the day I die I will forever be proud of him and love him.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing . . . if I ever go to DC I will be sure to stop by.
-Heidi

mary said...

Thank you Heidi, I know Joel will love that. I have a good friend whose father does school tours for schools from NE, he is now going to get his classes to go to Joel's grave, something I know Joel would be very proud of. Something I know he would do if he were still alive. We took the girls to his good friends grave in 2003(the last time I was at Arlington before Nov 18) and Joel did well telling a 2 1/2 year old why we were there, why he was crying.
Again, Joel would be proud to know you visited him.