Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beautiful Day

Today is a wonderful, beautiful day here in GA. It is the type of day that Joel and I loved, spring was his favorite time of year here in GA, along with fall. This is the type of day that we would have started out with a lazy day, then either gotten the bikes loaded up and headed out to Callaway Gardens or down town to the river walk and taken a very long, peaceful bike ride along with a picnic. If there was a lot of yard work to do(like there is today) we would have been outside, cleaning up, playing with the girls and just enjoying the day and the sun. As I was cleaning up more dog poop, I remembered Joel's promise to me to be my pooper scooper when he got home. Another moment that I miss him a lot. The day started out pretty well, but the more I think about the day, the activities we would have been doing, the more I miss him, the more I hurt, the more I realize how much I depended on him and was looking forward to him coming home this winter. I realize how much the girls and I have lost.

No comments: