Thursday, March 16, 2006

Brenna

All day yesterday I would look at my little Bren, the one I always thought has resembled more of the Cahill clan than Faith, the way her hair was laying and her little eyes peeking out from under her bangs, God she looked like Joel. I was watching her eat breakfast and all I could do was stare and try not to cry. I thought, holy crap, she looks just like some of Joel's pictures when he was little. I know I will see this almost daily and I know some days it will be hard, but for now, it is a blessing. A blessing that we had these two little girls, a blessing that they are here with me, healthy and safe. Although seeing her looking so much like him is hard at times, it is also what gets me through those moments and days that I am not sure how I am going to do it. Thank God for my girls, my husband and what I still have to hold on to.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures. I know how precious they are to you, it was nice to see them. You should post some pictures of your lovely girls. I'm so glad that you can see reflections of Joel in your girls. What a gift they are, to be able to see the threads of life that connect you to Joel through them.

mary said...

I will try to get more of them on there. I know it will be good for others who are grieving the loss of Joel too, I know these girls give me a glimpse of him daily.

mary said...

I will try to get more of them on there. I know it will be good for others who are grieving the loss of Joel too, I know these girls give me a glimpse of him daily.